Saturday 2 September 2017

Putting on the Ritz

Hi Crafty Friends

Just thought I'd stop by with a couple of cards we made a while ago in the club. They were both quick to make, hence two in one week.
They are a bit of a departure for  me, but I love the glitz and glamour of black and gold. I couldn't wait to get cracking with the starburst die. As soon as I saw it, I imagined it as a fancy top for a card, and I was pleased with how it worked out. I think it looks a bit like a present.


The stripy paper was a freebie in a magazine. I found the mags in a sale and snagged a couple, so there was just enough to go round the group. Wish I could get it again.
We just cut the star die out of the top of the card base, and cut the same shape again in gold to cover it - easy peasy.

The next one was even easier


We just die cut the flourish and the sentiment from black cardstock and layered it over gold mirri card. But we did use my (sadly, not) patented technique for taking the blinding out of the bling. I think it's a great improvement on ultra shiny metallic paper (even if I do say it myself 😊) Unfortunately you can hardly see it in the pic. Ah well.
happy crafting
Jx

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh the first one does indeed look like a little pressie - great idea saved to memory bank for later I tool like the colour combo - very classy xxx

    ReplyDelete